Saturday, September 03, 2005

Laughed My Ass Off!!!

The 40 Year Old Virgin was one of those films that I went into with the feeling that after the movie was over, I'd feel as though I wanted those two hours of my life back. I was using a pass given to me as a gift from one of my customers on my paper route, so oddly enough, it was a win/win situation. There are many good things to say about this film, but I was most impressed with the fact Director, Judd Apatow and Executive Producer/Star, Steve Carell tried to keep the film as real as possible.

The film was consistantly funny. Whether you were laughing at Carell's bumbling inadequacy in dealing with the fairer sex or the blatant dyscfunction of Carell's best friends, (played by Paul Rudd, Romany Malco and Seth Rogen. You may remember Rudd from Anchorman and Rogan from Donny Darko, but Romany has done a bunch of shit I have neither seen nor heard of.) you can identify with each characters struggle, or lack there of with relationships. Without giving too much away, one of the funniest scenes in the film is an argument between Rudd and Rogen over how they knew the other was gay.

Clocking in at just under two hours JackassJimmy gives this flick two thumbs up your butt. If you see this in the theater, you will not be disappointed. However, there were several times I wished I was home so I could have pissed my pants laughing.

Finally, Steve Carell seems to be really coming into his own and this film proves it. Between this flick and his work on The Office, even though his comedy stylings are different, Carell will give Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler a run for their money at the box office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home